Sarah Out In the World
Have you heard of Pecha Kucha? It’s a cool presentation style where you give a short talk with 20 slides at 20 seconds each. I’ve done it twice it’s so fun! You can click to watch The Art and Science of the Emotionally Intelligent Family and my latest PK is right here (pay no attention to the fact that my slides are out of order and I have to manage myself on the fly!): The Five Senses of Home. Let me know what you think. Got a passion? Find a PK night in your area and DO IT!
- WGME13 Good Day Maine
- WSCH6 Morning Report interview
- HuffPost Live Family Friday with Nancy Redd
- Featured posts on Huffington Post: 7 Things To Do When Your Kid Is Defiant, How to Set Limits for Kids, 3 Things Parents Have to Actually Do (Not Just Talk About) , Why Shame Sucks (Especially for Kids) and An Open Letter to British Nanny Emma Jenner.
- Family Matters Radio: Responsive Parenting and Emotional Intelligence, Gentle Discipline and Guidance, and Managing Your Triggers.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Heidi’s House, Scarborough, ME
- First Connections, Concord, MA
- Parent Talk, Needham, MA
- Camp Ketcha, Scarborough, ME
- Riverton School, Portland, ME
- Kiwanis Club, Portland, ME
- Learning Resource Center at Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Breakwater School, Portland, ME
- Holistic Moms Network, Portland, ME
- Birth Roots Perinatal Resource Center, Portland, ME
- Little Red Caboose Child Care Center, Falmouth, ME
- Mom to Mom of Maine, Portland, ME
- Birchwood Preschool, Windham, ME
- MaineAEYC Conference
CTN5 Parenting: A Community Resource: Expert Panel on How and When to Let Go, Scenario Video and Expert Panel.
CTN5 Parenting: A Community Resource: Expert Panel on How to Respond to a Public Meltdown, Scenario Video and Expert Panel.
Sarah MacLaughlin is a passionate advocate for children and the families who care for them. You can be the parent who is making it look easy. The secret is connection!