Here’s what I’m up to right NOW!
- Trying balance having some fun with staying up-to-date with what’s going on in the world. Friendly reminder that family separation and detention are still happening and that both VERY BAD FOR CHILDREN. If you need tools here are some, and both TogetherRising and Raices are doing good work.
- Had a great end-of-summer trip to Sweden!
- Article I co-wrote about Positive Parenting is up at ZERO TO THREE’s site. Also love this GREAT infographic on the topic.
- I was interviewed by Jeanne-Marie Paynel for her upcoming Be the Best Parent You Can Be summit. A virtual event in October that will help parents: “Learn mindful, respectful strategies as you guide and nurture your children to thrive in today’s fast paced world.” You can register to listen to ALL the interviews for free here. Full disclosure: If you purchase lifetime access I will receive 25% of your payment.
- About to attend ZERO TO THREE’S annual conference which is happening in October 3rd-5th in Denver this year. Bonus points for getting to see a friend whom I met in KINDERGARTEN while I’m there.
- Entertaining myself and expanding my mind with these books I’m currently reading. (You can also check out these I’ve read so far in 2018.) I’m loving Alison Gopnik’s book, The Gardener and the Carpenter, which is all about how “parent” is a better noun than a verb. Let’s create the conditions in which children can grow and flourish (gardener!) rather than building them into something of our own creation (carpenter).
When things change, you’ll know here first. This page was last updated September 2018.